TEN THINGS TO DO FOR FREE IN BRISBANE
- Streets Beach – Queensland’s one and only man made inner city beach, located adjacent to the Brisbane River in the South Bank Parklands, Streets Beach features sparkling lagoons, white sandy beaches with shady sub-tropical plants and palms. Streets Beach is patrolled by life guards all 12 months of the year, please check the times as they vary throughout the seasons.
- South Bank Parklands – South Bank Parklands has plenty to do, picnic in the shade, walk through the colourful bougainvillea arbour, the kids will love the amazing rope climbing forte and playgrounds, barbecue and picnic facilitie, check out the productive herb and vegetable garden at epicusious gardens, walk through the rainforest glade and swim at the lagoons. What’s best is it’s all free, bring your own snacks or enjoy one of the many cafes.
- Clock Tower Tours – Free guided tours are available of the iconic City Hall and the Clock Tower between 10am-5pm daily, however please note the City Hall clock doesn’t chime over the weekends.
- QAGOMA – Queensland Art Gallery and the Gallery of Modern Art is a haven where you can explore the cities history, architecture and contemporary art. The innovative program includes free evetns throughout the year and free permanent exhibitions for you to appreciate.
- City Hopper – The FREE City Hopper takes passengers back and forth across the Brisbane River all day long and it is all free! Check out the timetable and where the closest wharf is and get hopping with the City Hopper, Brisbane’s FREE ferry service.
- City Sounds – Live Music. City Sounds is host to a stunning array of artists both local and touring, presenting Australia’s largest free live music program including everything from alternative, folk, jazz, electro and pretty much anything else that is hot. Performances are at Queen Street Mall, Post Office Square, South Bank each week.
- Brisbane River Walk – This permanent structure replaced the previous floating Riverwalk and is a great way for cyclists and pedestrians to enjoy the river aspect, running from New Farm to Brisbane CBD. Enter from Riverview Court up to the historical Howard Smith Wharves, then join the riverside boardwalk to the CBD.
- Sunset at Kangaroo Point Cliffs – Take in the sweeping views from the Kangaroo Point Cliffs at sunset and see the river and city change colours and begin to sparkle with the city lights. Facilites include gas barbecues, picnic area, lookout, toilets, drinking bubblers, walking and cycling tracks.
- Green Jam Sessions – Free Music. Presented by QPAC, enjoy FREE live music on the Melbourne Street Green, hear the sounds of local artists from South East Queensland across a broad range of styles. At QPAC every Friday from 5.30pm, the bar will be open and a special Korean inspired Green Jam Eats menu is available on the night.
- Mt-Coot-tha Botanical Gardens – Spread over 56-hectares the Brisbane Botanical Gardens at Mt Coot-tha is well and truly worth a visit, with a stunning array of subtropical botanical plants it is Queensland’s premier botanic gardens.
Take a moment and see the vast offerings that Brisbane has for you and your family to do, see and discover for free. Enjoy Brisbane’s free things to do and free Brisbane events.
West End Central Apartments are ideally located in South Brisbane within a short walk to South Bank’s arts and entertainment precinct, free ferries and more. Book your one or two bedroom apartment in South Brisbane now.