Brisbane’s food scene has come along way in the past few years and it is now a sought after foodie destination. We’ve listed some of the ways that you can immerse yourself in Brisbane’s delectable food, wine and craft beer experiences.
- The Golden Pig Food & Wine School – Choose from a variety of classes covering a variety of cuisines with professional chef, Katrina Ryan. The classes run for 3.5 to 4 hours, including 1 to 1.5 hours for eating and enjoying your culinary creations. Located at 38 Ross St, Newstead.
- James Street Cooking School – Professional chefs guide and inspire you to reach your culinary potential. They provide hands-on practical as well as demonstration classes. After class, you sit down and dine on the fruits of your labour with lunch or dinner accompanied by matched wine. Located at James St Markets, 22 James St, Fortitude Valley
- Vanilla Zulu – Offer 3 hour cooking sessions with many styles of cuisine. The classes are specifically designed to make cooking less intimidating, increase your skills and confidence, and allow you to explore your unique flair. Location: 92 Commercial Rd,
Foodie Tours & Experiences
- Delectable Taste of Queensland – The perfect introduction to some of Queensland’s most renowned local produce and flavours. Indulge in a four-hour journey of local foodie delights with everything from coffee, delicious lunch, craft beers to cocktails. Throughout the day you will be driven around in private transportation and picked up and dropped off at your home or accommodation. Operates Tuesday to Sunday at 11.00am.
- Bite, Sip, Stroll – Takes food enthusiasts to four iconic inner city gems: Pony Dining, Otto Ristorante, Malt Dining and Queensland’s only three hatted venue, Urbane. It’s an unmatched opportunity to indulge in Queensland’s best food. Enquire about the next Bite, Sip, Stroll Brisbane event by visiting the website.
- Hop On Brewery Tour – Visit award-winning independent craft breweries at some of Brisbane’s trendiest suburbs, get treated to a behind-the-scenes guided tour of at least one brewery, chat with the people that produce this liquid gold and even enjoy some history with your beer education. Operates Tuesday to Sunday at 10.30am. Lunch included.
- Mount Gravatt Marketta – known for its super vibey atmosphere, western street food and all your favourite cocktails! Good food with good tunes ensures goers a guaranteed great night out! Every Saturday, 4pm-9pm. Location: Mt Gravatt Showgrounds,
Logan Road, Mt Gravatt.
- Eat Street Northshore – Priceless city and river views combined with 180 dining and entertainment shipping containers that add a blazing coloured landmark to the Brisbane dining and entertainment scene. Open: Fri and Sat 4pm to 10pm and Sunday 12 noon to 8pm. Location: 221D Macarthur Avenue, Hamilton.
- Boundary Street Markets, West End – Enjoy a sweet selection of eats and drinks from around the world from a large collection of food stalls. Dinner or dessert they’ve got you covered. Open: Fri & Sat: 4pm – 10pm, Sunday: 9am – 3pm / 12pm – 8pm Location: 56 Russell Street, West End.
Enjoy apartment style accommodation in Brisbane’s West End and take in the food scene. Perfectly located close to Southbank Parklands, the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, QPAC, the Queensland Museum, Suncorp Stadium and Max Watts. West End Central Apartments are the ideal place for your next Brisbane stay. BOOK NOW