Rain, hail or shine there is always something to do during your stay in Brisbane. On those occasional days where the weather is a little cold or on the wet side, we have collated a few activities that will ward off the winter blues.
- Star Gaze under the cover of Sir Thomas Brisbane Planetarium Winter skies are generally very clear during the cooler months – perfect for star gazing. The newly refurbished planetarium now boasts a state-of-the-art projection system and two new shows. The Planetarium is open Tuesday to Sunday and is located on Mount Coot-tha.
- Do a Boggo Road Gaol Tour. The Gaol is open 7 days a week for public tours. Admission to the Gaol is via a guided tour. There are five themed tours available at regular scheduled times. Boggo Road Gaol is located at 21 Boggo Road, Dutton Park.
- Plan your escape from Quest Room. Enter a world of mystery and try to escape from never before seen scenarios. Each room is designed to immerse you into a story that will captivate you and keep you thrilled long after you have played it. Unlock all the secrets and race against the clock at Quest Room 13 Cordelia St, South Brisbane.
- Climb up a wall at Urban Climb. Enter the world of indoor rock climbing and bouldering at Urban Climb in West End. With prices starting from $20 per adult this thrilling activity is an affordable option. Urban Climb is located at 220 Montague Rd, West End.
- Putt your stuff around at Holey Moley. Once a church, then a late-night club, and now a mini-golf mecca meets bar. It’s unlike any entertainment experience in Brisbane’s Fortitude Valley with 11 brand new holes and a new food truck. Holey Moley is located at 25 Warner St, Fortitude Valley.
- Head to the Gallery of Modern Arts of Queensland Museum. Always a great rainy day activity is a visit to the Gallery of Modern Arts or Queensland Museum that offer heaps of great activities for the youngsters. Perfectly located in the South Bank Cultural Precinct, with free admission and open 7 days a week.
Enjoy apartment style accommodation in Brisbane’s West End and take in all that there is to do and see in Brisbane. Perfectly located close to Southbank Parklands, the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, QPAC, the Queensland Museum, Suncorp Stadium and Max Watts. West End Central Apartments are the ideal place for your next Brisbane stay. BOOK NOW